Document Type : Case Report
1 Emergency Department, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
2 Road Traffic Injury Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Invagination is a kind of intestine disease in children and it is occurred between 2 upto 14 years old. This is a report of 17 months infant with intussusception due to trauma. The patient had admitted to emergency department because of motor vehicle accident and because of abdominal pain, abdominal computed tomography (CT) scan was done.
- Bines JE, Kohl KS, Forster J, Zanardi LR, Davis RL, Hansen J, et al. Acute intussusception in infants and children as an adverse event following immunization: case definition and guidelines of data collection, analysis, and presentation. Vaccine 2004; 22(5-6): 569-74.
- Bines JE, Patel M, Parashar U. Assessment of postlicensure safety of rotavirus vaccines, with emphasis on intussusception. J Infect Dis 2009; 200 Suppl 1: S282-90. doi: 10.1086/605051.
- Walsh PF, Crawford D, Crossling FT, Sutherland GR, Negrette JJ, Shand J. The value of immediate ultrasound in acute abdominal conditions: a critical appraisal. Clin Radiol 1990; 42(1): 47-9.
- Nonose R, Valenciano JS, da Silva CM, de Souza CA, Martinez CA. Ileal intussusception caused by Vanek’s tumor: a case report. Case Rep Gastroenterol 2011; 5(1): 110–116. doi: 10.1159/000326930.
- Murphy TV, Gargiullo PM, Massoudi MS, Nelson DB, Jumaan AO, et al. Intussusception among infants given an oral rotavirus vaccine. N Engl J Med 2001; 344(8): 564-72. doi: 10.1056/NEJM200102223440804.
- Patel MM, Haber P, Baggs J, Zuber P, Bines JE, Parashar UD. Intussusception and rotavirus vaccination: a review of the available evidence. Expert Rev Vaccines 2009; 8(11): 1555- 64. doi: 10.1586/erv.09.106.
- Allemann F, Cassina P, Rothlin M, Largiader F. Ultrasound scans done by surgeons for patients with acute abdominal pain: a prospective study. Eur J Surg 1999; 165(10): 966-70. doi: 10.1080/110241599750008099.
- Rosen MP, Siewert B, Sands DZ, Bromberg R, Edlow J, Raptopoulos V. Value of abdominal CT in the emergency department for patients with abdominal pain. Eur Radiol 2003; 13(2): 418-24. doi: 10.1007/s00330-002-1715-5.
- Erkan N, Haciyanli M, Yildirim M, Sayhan H, Vardar E, Polat AF. Intussusception in adults: an unusual and challenging condition for surgeons. Int J Colorectal Dis 2005; 20(5): 452-6. doi: 10.1007/s00384-004-0713-2.
- Bays D, Anagnostopoulos GK, Katsaounos E, Filis P, Missas S. Inflammatory fibroid polyp of the small intestine causing intussusception: a report of two cases. Dig Dis Sci 2004; 49(10): 1677-80.
- Esses D, Birnbaum A, Bijur P, Shah S, Gleyzer A, Gallagher EJ. Ability of CT to alter decision making in elderly patients with acute abdominal pain. Am J Emerg Med 2004; 22(4): 270-2.
- Barussaud M, Regenet N, Briennon X, de Kerviler B, Pessaux P, Kohneh-Sharhi N, et al. Clinical spectrum and surgical approach of adult intussusceptions: a multicentric study. Int J Colorectal Dis 2006; 21(8): 834-9. doi: 10.1007/ s00384-005-0789-3.
- Tan KY, Tan SM, Tan AG, Chen CY, Chng HC, Hoe MN. Adult intussusception: experience in Singapore. ANZ J Surg 2003; 73(12): 1044-7.
- Sampson MA, Lyons TJ, Nottingham J, Naik D. Ultrasound diagnosis of recurrent intussusception due to inflammatory fibroid polyp of the ileum. J Ultrasound Med 1990; 9(7): 423-5.