1. Beaulieu D. Organ donation: the family’s right to make an informed choice. J Neurosci Nurs 1999; 31(1): 37-42.
2. Motavali zadeh s, Zakyani S. Brain death. J Gorgan Uni Med Sci 2007; 9 (2): 5-6. [In Persian]
3. West R, Burr G. Why families deny consent to organ donation. Aust Crit Care 2002; 15(1): 27-32.
4. Margot E, Coupland C, Dionne J, Fudge B, Gayle C, Ortner Tl, et al. A clinical group’s attempt to raise awareness of organ and tissue donation. Prog Transplant 2010; 20(1): 33-9.
5. Ghadi Pasha M, NikianYa, Salehi M, Tajadini Z. The study of physician attitude concerning organ donation and the level of information about laws & sanctions and the procedure in brain death. Scientific Journal of Forensic Medicine ( SJFM) 2008; 14(2): 112-6. [In Persian]
6. Manzari Z, Mohammadi E, Heidari A, Aghamohammadian Sherbaf HR, Modabber Azizi MJ, Khaleghi E. Experiencing brain death diagnosis by patients’ family members and organ donation: a qualitative study. J Med ethics Hist Med 2011; 4(6): 63-74. [In Persian]
7. Rodrigue JR, Cornell DL, Krouse J, Howard RJ. Family initiated discussions about organ donation at the time of death. Clin Transplant 2010; 24(4): 493–9.
8. Siminoff LA, Lawrence RH, Arnold RM. Comparison of black and white families’ experiences and perceptions regarding organ donation requests. Crit Care Med 2003; 31(1): 146-51.
9. Kim JR, Elliott D, Hyde C. The influence of sociocultural factors on organ donation and transplantation in Korea: findings from key informant interviews. J Transcult Nurs 2004; 15(2): 147-54.
10. Rice C, Tamburlin J. A confirmatory analysis of the organ donation readiness index: measuring the potential for organ donations among African Americans. Res Social Work Prac 2004; 14(4): 295-303.
11. Rodrigue JR, Cornell DL, Howard RJ. Organ donation decision: comparison of donor and nondonor families. Am J Transplant 2006; 6(1): 190-8.
12. Traino HM, Siminoff LA. Attitudes and acceptance of First Person Authorization: a national comparison of donor and nondonor families. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2013; 74(1): 294-300.
13. Rezai S, Shakoor A. Study on the awareness and attitudes of the individuals above 15 of Tehran toward brain death and the transplant organ donation after brain death in the dependents. Journal of Scientific Forensic Medicine 2000; 6: 24-8. [In Persian]
14. Ahmadian SH, Haghdoost AA, Mohammadalizadeh S. Effective factors on the decision of families to donate the organs of their brain dead relatives. Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences 2008; 16(4): 353-63. [In Persian]
15. Bormand MA, Asghari F. Do Tehran citizens agree with organ donation from a brain-dead family member? J Med ethics Hist Med 2011; 5(1): 51-8. [In Persian]
16. Siminoff LA, Gordon N, Hewlett J, Arnold RM. Factors influencing families’ consent for donation of solid organs fortransplantation. JAMA 2001; 286(1): 71-7.
17. Martınez JM, Lopez JS, Martın A, Martın MJ, Scandroglio B, Martın JM .Organ donation and family decision-making within the Spanish donation system. Soc Sci Med 2001; 53(4): 405-21.
18. Morgan SE, Miller JK. Beyond the organ donor card: the effect of knowledge, attitudes, and values on willingness to communicate about organ donation to family members. Health Commun 2002; 14(1): 121-34.
19. Delmonico FL, Sheehy E, Marks WH, Baliga P, McGowan JJ, Magee JC. Organ donation and utilization in the United States, 2004. Am J Transplant 2005; 5(4 Pt 2): 862-73.
20. Shahbazian H, Dibaei A, Barfi M. Public attitudes toward cadaveric organ donation: a survey in Ahwaz. Urol J 2006; 3(4): 234-9.
21. Morgan SE, Harrison TR, Long SD, Afifi WA, Stephenson MT, Reichert T. Family discussions about organ donation: how the media influences opinions about donation decisions. Clin Transplant 2005 19(5): 674-82.
22. Moloney G, Walker I. Messiahs, pariahs, and donors: the development of social representations of organ transplants. J Theor Soc Behav 2000; 30(2): 203-77.
23. Durand-Zaleski I, Waissman R, Lang P, Weil B, Foury M, Bonnet E. Non-procurement of transplantable organs in a tertiary care hospital: a focus on sociological causes. Transplantation 1996; 62(9): 1224-9.
24. Burroughs TE, Hong BA, Kappel DF, Freedman BK. The stability of family decisions to consent or refuse organ donation: would you do it again. Psychosom Med 1998; 60(2): 156-62.
25. DeJong W, Franz HG, Wolfe SM, Nathan H, Payne D, Reitsma W, et al. Requesting organ donation: an interview study of donor and nondonor families. Am J Crit Care 1998; 7(1): 13-23.
26. Arjmand B, Aghayan SHR, Godarzi P, EmamiRazavi SH, Jafarian A. Knowledge and attitudes about organ donation and tissue donation card makers and members of connective tissue bank products (case / control). Journal of Medical Council of I.R.I. 2008;
26(1): 30-5. [In Persian]
27. Rosel J, Frutos M, Blanca MJ, Ruiz P. Discriminant variables between organ donors and nondonors: a post hoc investigation. J Transpl Coord 1999; 9(1): 50-3.