1. Yousefy A, Ziaee E, Ghaljaei F, Azarbarzin M. Brain death and transplant organs from the perspective of jurisprudence, ethics and law and its impact on medical education. Iran J Med Educ 2012; 11(9): 1357-66. [In Persian]
2. Montazeri ZS, Mohamadi E, Haydari A, Aghamohamadiyan Shearbaf HR, Modir Azizi MJ, Khaleghi E. Factors influencing families’ decision in brain death patients to offer organ donation: A qualitative study. Payesh 2013; 11(6): 913-925. [In Persian]
3. Broumand MA, Asgari F. Do Tehranian people agree with organ donation of their relatives after brain death?. Journal of Medical Ethics and History of Medicine. 2012; 5(1): 51. [In Persian]
4. Hajyhosseinloo M, Eftekhari A, Gorbani S, Zarei A. Study of brain death and organ donation in West Azerbaijan province (2004-2010). Forensic Medicine 2013; 17(3): 149-155. [In Persian]
5. Abedi HA, Mohammadi M, Abdeyazdan G. The experience of brain death patients’families regarding communication and familiarity with the family and the receptor of the body tissue. Knowledge & Research in Applied Psychology. 2012; 13(1): 92-100. [In Persian]
6. Shih FJ, Lai MK, Lin MH, Lin HY, Tsao CI, Chou LL, et al. Impact of cadaveric organ donation on Taiwanese donor families during the first 6 months after donation. Psychosom Med 2001; 63(1): 69-78.
7. Everything about organ donation after brain death. Movafagheyat 2013; 15(256): 82-85. [In Persian]
8. Manuel A, Sollberg S, Macdonald S. Organ donation experiences of family members. J Nephrol Nurs 2010; 37(3): 229-36.
9. Martinez JM, Lopez JS, Martin A, Martin MJ, Scandroglio B, Martin JM. Organ donation and family decision-making within the Spanish donation system. Soc Sci Med 2001; 53(4): 405-21.
10. Kurz R, Scharff D, Terry T, Alexander S. Factors influencing organ donation decisions by African Americans: a review of theliterature. Med Care Res Rev 2007; 64(5): 475-517.
11. Wilson P, Secton W, Singh A, Smith M. Family experiences of tissue donationin Australia. Prog Transplant 2006; 16(1): 52-6.
12. Sque M, Long T, Payne S, Allardyce D. Why relatives do not donate organs for transplants: ‘sacrifice’ or ‘gift of life’? J Adv Nurs 2008; 61(2): 134-44.
13. Zohour A, Bozorg Magham M. The attitude of Tehrani citizens regarding organ transplantation and donation in brain death. Urmia Med J 2003; 14(1): 52-58. [In Persian]
14. West R, Burr G. Why families deny consent to organ donation. Aust Crit Care 2002; 15(1): 27-32.
15. Sadat Montazeri Z, Mohamadi E, Haydari A. Role of quality of care and treatment in faciliting decision making and consent to organ donation in brain dead family: a qualitative study. Evidence Based Care 2013; 3(3): 19-32. [In Persian]
16. Hosaynrezaei H, Ranjbar H, Arab M. Brain death and organ donation: experiences of families. Journal of Qualitative Research in Health Sciences. 2012; 1(1): 34-40. [In Persian]
17. Azmandian J, Shokouhi M, Mirzaei MR, Poorhoseini SS. Study of education effect on nurses’ knowledge and attitudes about organ donation at the time of brain death. Iran J Crit Nurs 2013; 6(1): 11. [In Persian]
18. Rice C, Tamburlin J. A confirmatiory analysis of the organ donation readiness index: measuring the potential for organ donation among African Americans. Research on Social Work Practice. 2004; 14(4): 295-303.
19. Siminoff LA, Lawrence RH, Arnold RM. Comparison of black and white family experiences and perceptions regarding organ donation requests. Crit Care Med. 2003; 31(1): 146-51.
20. Kometsi K, Louw J. Deciding on cadaveric organ donation in black African families. Clin Transplant. 1999; 13(6): 473-8.
21. Niles PA, Mattice BJ. The timing factor in the consent process. J Transpl Coord. 1996; 6(2): 84-7.
22. Rodrigue JR, Cornell DL, Howard RJ. Organ donation decision: comparison of donor and nondonor families. Am J Transplant 2006; 6(1): 190-8.
23. Williams M, Lipsett P, Rushton C, Grochowski E, Berkowitz I, Stephen L, et al. The physician’s role in discussing organ donation with families. Crit Care Med 2003; 31(5): 1568-73.
24. López Martínez JS, Martín López MJ, Scandroglio B, Martínez García JM. Family perception of the process of organ donation. Qualitative psychosocial analysis of the subjective interpretation of donor and nondonor families. Span J Psychol 2008; 11(1): 125-36.
25. Shafer T, Wood RP, Van Buren C, Guerriero W, Davis K, Sullivan H, et al. An in-house coordinator program to increase organ donation in public trauma hospitals. J Transpl Coord 1998; 8(2): 82-7.
26. Randhawa G. An exploratory study examining the influence of religion on attitudes towards organ donation among the Asian population in Luton, UK. Nephrol Dial Transplant 1998; 13(8): 1949-54.
27. Rithalia A, McDaid C, Suekarran S, Myers L, Sowden A. Impact of presumed consent for organ donation on donation rates: a systematic review. BMJ 2009; 338: a3162.
28. Heinrich LM, Gullone E. The clinical significance of loneliness: a literature review. Clin Psychol Rev 2006; 26(6): 695-718.
29. DeJong W, Franz HG, Wolfe SM, Nathan H, Payne D, Reitsma W, et al. Requesting organ donation: an interview study of donor and nondonor families. Am J Crit Care 1998; 7(1): 13-23.
30. Gortmaker SL, Beasley CL, Sheehy E, Lucas BA, Brigham LE, Grenvik A, et al. Improving the request process to increase family consent for organ donation. J Transpl Coord 1998; 8(4): 210-7.
31. Stevens M. Factors influencing decisions about donation of the brain for research purposes. Age Ageing 1998; 27(5): 623-9.
32. Robbins RA. Signing an organ donor card: Psychological factors. Death Stud 1990; 14(3): 219-29.
33. Najafizade K, Khodami Vishte HR, Ghorbani F, Abasi Z. Brain death is not only a sentence. Darou va Darman 2011; 93: 18. [In Persian]
34. Durand-Zaleski I, Waissman R, Lang P, Well B, Foury M, Bonnet E. Non-procurement of transplantable organs in a tertiary care hospital: a focus on sociological causes. Transplantation 1994; 62(9): 1224-29.
35. Burroughs TE, Hong BA, Kappel DF, Freedman BK. The stability of family decisions to consent or refuse organ donation: would you do it again. Psychosom Med 1998; 60(2): 156-62.
36. Maloney G, Walker I. Messiahs, pariahs, and donors: the development of social representations of organ transplants. Journal of Theory in Social Behavior 2000; 30(2): 203-27.
37. Morgan SE, Harrison TR, Long SD, Afifi WA, Stephenson MT, Reichert T. Family discussions about organ donation: how the media influences opinions about donation decisions. Clin Transplant 2005; 19(5): 674-82.
38. Rosel J, Frutos MA, Blanca MJ, Ruiz P. Driscriminant variables between organ donors and nondonors: a post hoc investigation. J Transpl Coord 1999; 9(1): 50-3.